This is because you have not granted ELSA Microphone access yet. Upon installation of the app, ELSA will prompt you with a pop-up requesting you to allow ELSA access to your device’s microphone, which you selected “No”. As such, please manually grant ELSA access to your device microphone from the Settings:
For Android phones (e.g. Samsung, Oppo, Sony, Huawei, etc)
- On your device, open the Settings .
- Tap on Apps or Application Manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
- Select ELSA Speak.
- Tap on Permissions.
- Turn on Microphone settings
For iOS phones (iPhone / iPad)
- On your device, open the Settings app.
- Click on the ELSA Speak Application
Next to Microphone rights, tap on the switch to switch on enable the Microphone settings (the switch will turn green)